Taking too long? Close loading screen.

FORMER TEMPLE OF SAINT AUGUSTINE

During the 16th century it was a spiritual house for the Franciscans and later they occupied their convent to the north of the city, the Augustinians came to occupy and improve the building, although with the Reform Laws the convent was lost and it became part of the State Government. At this stage, its architecture…

FORMER CONVENT OF SAN FRANCISCO (RAFAEL COLONEL MUSEUM)

This building in the middle of the XVI century was used as a hospice, later it was occupied by Fray Geronimo de Mendoza establishing the place as the Convent of San Francisco, it was founded in 1567, the missionaries who occupied the Convent had the objective of evangelizing the northern region of the country, however,…

MUSEUM OF ABSTRACT ART MANUEL FELGUÉREZ

In the past this museum was the headquarters of the Seminario Conciliar de la Purísima de Zacatecas, until 1998 when the Manuel Felguérez Museum of Abstract Art was founded, where the material on display was donated by the artist himself. The museum has 14 permanent rooms and the largest collection is by Maestro Manuel Felguérez…

GONZÁLEZ ORTEGA MARKET

This construction began in 1861 at the instruction of General Miguel Auza, who was acting as Acting Governor of Zacatecas in his second year. The objective of building a market was to provide security and convenience to buyers and sellers. This building was preserved until 1886, as it was rebuilt by the then Governor Marcelino…

TEMPLE OF OUR LADY OF FATIMA

This temple is dedicated to the Virgin of Fatima, some devotees began its construction, Father Manuel de la Hoz and in charge of the Dámaso Muñetón project, in 1950, being in the year 2000 when its construction concluded, proving to be a beautiful example of the religious architecture of the city of Zacatecas. Its Neogothic…

FORMER BULLRING

The Plaza de Toros San Pedro was founded on September 15, 1866, this bullring witnessed the performance of bullfighters such as Bernardo Gabiño, Lino Zamora, Epifanio del Río, Ponciano Díaz, the Spanish Luis Mazantini and Rodolfo Gaona, celebrating their last bullfight in 1975. By 1989 it reopened its doors as a hotel and the San…

CATHEDRAL BASILICA OF OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION

Before the construction of the Cathedral the inhabitants built two parishes, the first one at the end of 1500 and the second one in the middle of 1600, however, they were destroyed because they did not comply with the characteristics and did not give the proper maintenance, having as a result parishes in ruins. The…